As soon as I stepped foot in Tokyo in 2008, I knew I had caught the travelling bug. I decided I didn't just want to travel I wanted to experience the world! The different cultures, the people, the sites and most importantly (to me) the food!

Recently I have started to develop an interest in photography and hope to improve my skills while doing what I love most.

Welcome to my journey........

Saturday 12 February 2011

Packing List!

I'm off to Korea in 10 days so I thought I better start my packing. It's so crazy thinking of it...10 days until I leave for my new life in Korea....Well it's 9 days, 23 hours and 11 minutes according to my IPod countdown app.

I only need to finish my packing, have a haircut (very important!) and say goodbye to everyone. Half of me wants to next 10 days to hurry up and the other half is thinking everything is happening too fast!! Anyways on to the packing....

  • Deodorant! I've read on so many websites that Koreans don't smell when they sweat so they don't sell deodorant over there... WTF!! It's so not fair! Not only are they the most beautiful, slimmest people in the world but they never smell! I'm taking about 8 deodorant sticks with me so I won't be the smelly English girl. I normally only get through about 1/4 of this amount but it's suppose to be really humid out there in the summer.
  • Chocolate - To get me through my first month before my food parcel arrives! (Ignore the picture I ate this before the end of the week and it did not taste good! Back to galaxy for me.)
  • My £2 crocs - Oh yeah! Sexy.....Not!! But for £2 who am I to argue. You can't wear outdoor shoes inside!! It's a big no no! So I thought why not if everyone else in the school is going to be wearing similar shoes. If I can't wear them in the school then I will use them as bathroom shoes (the bathrooms are supposed to be like wet rooms and no one likes wet socks!). Plus they are really comfy...

  • Suncream - I found it so hard to find in Japan. When I did find some it was in a small bottle and very runny. I am not taking any chances this time as I burn so easy and no-one likes a red face. If anyone knows about the suncream situation in Korea, please let me know :) Thanks!

  • Pictures of family and friends - To help with homesickness. Also bring little things to help make your apartment feel more like home.

  • Foundation - I am very pale but I heard foundation in Korea is very very pale.  I have brought enough to last me for a few months, if it's as pale as the rumors say it is, I will get my mum to send me some over. 

  • The rough guide to Korea - A great book with advice on what to see and what to do. + Korean phrase books.

  • Stickers and Stamps for the kids - I think I brought too much but at least I won't have to worry about running out...

  • For women only - Bras - Anything larger than a B cup and I read you might have a problem. Sadly this isn't the case for me *cough *cough :( But even if you are on the petite size (yes, I said petite not small!) you may still have problems with the fitting. When I was in Japan I found the bras uncomfortable. I would advise bringing a lot of bras.

  • A good fluffy towel. 

  • Work clothes/ Casual clothes.

  • Documents needed by EPIK - TEFL certificate, passport photos etc.

  • Gifts for your co-teacher, vice principal and principal - I just brought chocolates because English chocolates are yummy!!


  • Camera - You don't want to miss a moment of your experience.

  • Hairstrightners - An important one for me as my more humid the weather gets, the more frizzy my hair gets.

I've read that it's hard to find certain spices in Korea so I've prepared a box to be sent over with spices and my sauces. I also added some chocolate as nothing beats English chocolate <3 Yum!

Only 9 days, 22 hours and 6 minutes to go......

5 comments:

  1. following you now!^^ also jealous that a lot of koreans don't sweat/smell :( haha at least you are prepared! (and so am i!!) as for sunscreen, you can definitely find it there because most of them don't leave the house without it! a lot of them are runny though like you said, so i'd bring some if you have a certain one you like. as for foundation, i think you will be fine! they were never a problem for me. actually they use "bb cream" which a lot of times has SPF in it. most sunscreens/foundations have whitening agents in them though, but i never found this to be a problem either. happy packing! i should probably get started on that.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should be find with foundation. I got called Casper the other night out by a random person, so I'm guessing I'm really pale! :( I've already needed something out of my suitcase so I have to repack later!! :) See you in Seoul! Onky 8 days to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I finally figured out your blog! I kept looking for a wordpress one and was like "wtf!" But now I get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did have a wordpress account, but due to lack of patience and lack of knowledge of computers, I quit after 2 hours. I find blogspot a lot easier as they do all of the technological side of things. I'm going to be a mess with the interactive whiteboards in the classrooms! :p

    ReplyDelete